Thursday, January 26, 2012

God in his eyes


Hailing form a very conservative arya samaji family,I wud like to share a sense of restrain here today. As a child i have strong memories of my grandmother making a fuss about my liking durga puja and wanting to worship the deity. It is quite impossible to describe the feeling of being deprived. As a child one does not know depravity or a sense if rules . I saw that same feel in a little boys eyes. He was roaming with a little glass jar and being squished in the busy alleys of kumhaar tuli.

In the glam and glits of the place his voice just felt so smothered. Like the sounds of merriment choked his voice down. but he came to me and asked me " please give me some money, i will do pooja. one or two rupees is also fine i just need money to buy a small idol. My family wont let me do the pooja." Its truly said that God in in small things. I saw goddess saraswati in his eyes... I gave him ten rupees, not a huge amount but the little boys eyes shone ..... he didn't seem to be from a  very poor family but i am sure he had some restraints. i gave him a smile and with my hand i just patted his shoulder and left. But those eyes are following me.Ii do not know why this little boy reminder me of myself. This poem i dedicate to him and pray that his pooja is successful.

Hai us paar jana ke nao nahi hai mere paas
chain us par hai mera
apne eesh ke chah ko lekar 
aya tha pheeki aakhen lekar
bhar ke isme sapno ke rang mujhko ghar jane do 
mujhe apne eesh se mil pane do 

hai yeh baazaar kaisa
jisme bhagwaano ka wyaapaar hai hota
dar mulaiyon ki cheekhon se ronde
chamkeele sajawat se dhake ja ke
 kameez ke sinwaton se eesh ko sajane do 
mujhe apne eesh se mil paane do 

majma laga hua hua logon ka 
boli hai lagti bhagwaano ki 
unche damon se koi khareede aur koi saste
par mai to laya nhai ik paisa, ek rupya
mujhe apne bharose ko ek baar aazmane do 
mujhe apne eesh se mil paane do 

kapron pe silvaten to nazar aa agyi
takdeer ki silwaton ko kaise dilkhlaun 
kaisu bulaun us eesh ko apna paas 
jiska mol na deni ke ho aukaad 
mujhe us eesh ko lane ka mol kammne do 
muje apne eesh se mil paane do 

kehte hain yahan bhagwaan hai bante
to yeh swarg ho gaya hai kya? 
kya intna matlabhi swarg bhi hai hota ? 
kya wahan bhi hota mol chukana 
aaj mujhe apne achhe bure ka hisaab lagane go 
mujhe apne eesh se mil paane do 

5 comments: